New Year, New You
Plastic Surgery Procedures Inspired by New Year’s Resolutions
With 2020 quickly approaching and 2019 essentially in the rearview mirror, it’s a good time to reflect on where you are now and where you’d like to be in the future. Sometimes that means thinking about your body—its shapes, lines, curves and wrinkles.
Often, this means thinking about how to change your body. Common “New Year’s Resolutions” are often about losing weight or going to the gym. Those are great goals to have, especially when they’re a part of a healthy lifestyle. But sometimes hitting the treadmill and eating your vegetables aren’t enough to change the way you look.
In many cases, plastic surgery is going to be the best way to achieve the transformation you’re after this new year. And you deserve it. All of that reflection and thinking is really just a way of saying this: It’s about time you feel happy and thrilled with the way you look.
Let’s take a look at a few ways that happiness and satisfaction could be achieved.
Procedures to Help Contour Your Body
When we talk about finally going to the gym or sticking to that diet in the context of our New Year’s Resolutions, it’s important to remember that we’re actually trying to achieve something. It’s not as though we want to go to the gym simply for the sake of going—we’re after results.
We go because we want to our bodies to look a certain way. Unfortunately, our bodies don’t always cooperate with even the most rigorous exercise and diet regiment. That’s why there are a few plastic surgery procedures designed to help you sculpt your body into the shape you’ve always wanted:
- Liposuction: A widely known procedure, liposuction is used to help eliminate stubborn areas of fat on the body. These are areas that tend to resist the effects of diet and exercise. During a liposuction, these areas of fat can be removed, and the results are contoured so that, in the end, everything looks quite natural.
- Tummy Tuck: Sometimes it’s not excess fat that’s the problem, it’s excess skin. And that excess skin develop for a wide variety of reasons. The problem is that diet and exercise don’t really do much for excess skin. So if that excess skin presents around the belly area, you’ll need a tummy tuck to get back to looking lean and fit. A tummy tuck can make that skin look smooth and athletic, so it’s no wonder this is a popular procedure.
- Body Contouring After Massive Weight Loss: Maybe you’ve already hit your weight loss goals (maybe that was last year’s resolution). But if you drop a substantial amount of weight you might be left with an equally substantial amount of excess skin. That skin can feel just as oppressive as any amount of excess fat, so many patients take the extra step to eliminate it. The mitigation of excess skin can help patients feel substantially more comfortable in their own bodies, finally offering that reward of confidence and accomplishment after a long transformational process.
Procedures to Help Sculpt Your Look
Body contouring procedures are often cast as an accompaniment to diet and exercise. But there are some changes to your body that simply cannot be accomplished without plastic surgery. These procedures give you the power to sculpt and craft your body into the shape and look that you want. Some of those procedures include the following:
- Breast Augmentation: There’s no way to get substantially larger breasts with diet and exercise. If a larger bust is part of your New Year’s Resolution, then breast augmentation (sometimes paired with a breast lift) is likely the choice for you. Many women elect to get a breast augmentation because it can bring pleasing, elegant proportions to the body, while others simply want an upgrade in size. Whatever your reason, the start of a new year is a great time to think about this procedure.
- Rhinoplasty: Here’s another part of the body that, no matter how you eat, isn’t going to change without surgery. Patients that dislike the size, shape, or proportions of their noses can find relief (and satisfaction) through rhinoplasty (colloquially known as a “nose job”). Even a few small changes to the nose can make patients feel completely transformed. This is because the nose functions as a kind of centerpiece of the face. Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures out there today—and it makes a great way to start your new year.
Help From High Quality Surgeons
There’s something wonderful about getting help with your New Year’s Resolutions—is there any better symbol for the fact that we’re all in this together? When it comes to plastic surgery, you want to make sure that you’re getting your help from highly qualified plastic surgeons. Both Dr. Gervais and Dr. Tholen are board certified plastic surgeons with decades of exceptional experience.
So if you’re thinking about making good on your New Year’s Resolution this year and taking the first steps towards transforming and sculpting your body, contact Minneapolis Plastic Surgery, LTD, to schedule an initial consultation. During this consultation, we’ll discuss your desired final outcome and the best way to achieve it.
Sometimes, reaching your goals requires more than strict diet and exercise. The human body has some natural (if frustrating limits). But that doesn’t mean you don’t have the power to sculpt and mold your body with plastic surgery. If a breast augmentation or a tummy tuck has been on your agenda for a while now, using your New Year’s Resolution to help you achieve your transformation could be the way to go!
©Dr. Douglas L. Gervais, MD