What Are the Benefits of a Mommy Makeover?
There are few natural occurrences that put as much stress on the human body as childbearing and childbirth. There’s stress that comes after that, of course, mostly in the form of raising children. A Mommy Makeover procedure is designed to help mitigate some of the damage that your body endures during that journey. The benefits of a mommy makeover tend to be quite potent.
As its name might imply, a Mommy Makeover is actually comprised of several different procedures. In most cases, it will include a tummy tuck, liposuction, and a breast lift or augmentation. These three procedures may vary slightly from patient to patient, but the end result is usually a body that looks a slimmer, fitter, and younger.
Making Up for Lost Time
Many Mommy Makeover patients comment on just how much time goes into raising children. In some ways, the lives of parents are put on hold for years. This can mean that patients are putting off necessary activities such as daily exercise. Over years, the body pays a price for this.
For women, this is in addition to the “price” already paid during childbearing and childbirth. Indeed, parenting broadly defined can have some of the following impacts on the body:
- Increase in stress, leading to an increase in weight
- Increase in excess skin
- Stretched skin that does not “bounce back”
- Increased sagging of the breasts
- Weakness or loss of structure in the abdominal muscles
- Distortion of the general shape of the belly area and breasts
This is not to say that raising children or the enterprise of parenting is not worth these costs. Rather, it’s simply a way of articulating the issues that many patients of Mommy Makeover procedures want to have addressed by their surgeries.
Because a majority of the issues created by raising children are also seen as signs of aging, many Mommy Makeover patients feel—in a way—prematurely aged. One of the benefits of a Mommy Makeover (and thus, one of the goals), then, is to help patients get back some of those youthful years they lost to parenthood.
Mommy Makeover Procedures
As mentioned earlier, Mommy Makeover generally consists of three different procedures. Those procedures include:
- Liposuction: One of the most famous plastic surgery procedures today, liposuction is used to contour the body by mitigating unwanted areas of fat that can be particularly stubborn.
- Tummy Tuck: Targeting excess skin around the belly area, a Tummy Tuck is particularly popular with mothers due to the way that pregnancy stretches the skin around the abdomen. A Tummy Tuck can help make the belly area look smoother, fitter, and younger.
- Breast Lift: As you age, it’s likely that gravity will have an effect on the breasts, drawing them slowly down and changing their orientation. Patients seek out a breast lift to return the breasts to a more youthful orientation. The end result is perkier, more youthful looking breasts.
Whether these procedures are performed all at once or in a staggered way will ultimately be between you and your surgeon. However, many patients like the idea of getting all of their recovery done at once. To learn more, contact Minneapolis Plastic Surgery, LTD, to schedule a confidential consultation with one of our board certified plastic surgeons.
What Are the Benefits of a Mommy Makeover?
Mommy Makeover procedures are a great way to amass a large number of benefits all at once. Those benefits tend to come in forms both physical and emotional. Many patients will often report the following benefits from Mommy Makeover procedures:
- Smoother, firmer tummy: Due in large part from tummy tuck procedures, your tummy will look far more youthful and flat after a Mommy Makeover. Most patients will have no more loose skin to be self-conscious of. With the addition of a little bit of liposuction, Mommy Makeover procedures can effectively help you contour your body—and get back the shapes you loved to see on yourself in your youth!
- More youthful looking breasts: Once the breast lift procedure is complete, patients can look forward to having a bust that looks much younger. After a breast lift, patients can look forward to breasts that, generally, support themselves much better. The breasts will also have a perkier, more youthful orientation.
- Increased confidence: One of the more common refrains from patients who undergo Mommy Makeover procedures is that they feel a significant boost of confidence and self-esteem upon seeing their results. This has a lot to do with regaining one’s feeling of youthfulness. After all, a Mommy Makeover is designed to mitigate the signs of aging and fatigue that are associated with parenthood. Seeing a more youthful reflection in the mirror can help make you feel a little more youthful and confident too.
There are even more benefits from Mommy Makeover procedures. Some patients talk about how the perceptions of those around them change for the better, other patients talk about being able to wear their favorite clothes again or head to the beach with supreme confidence.
Get Your Mommy Makeover Started Right Away
If you’re interested in a Mommy Makeover procedure, your first step should be scheduling a confidential consultation with Dr. Gervais or Dr. Tholen. These board certified plastic surgeons can help you determine exactly what procedures you’ll need to reach your goals.
Many women—mothers and non-mothers alike—are drawn to the Mommy Makeover because it offers a great bang for the buck: you get fantastic results in some common trouble areas, and you get to enjoy those results (essentially) all at once.
To start your own transformational journey, contact Minneapolis Plastic Surgery LTD—you could be enjoying your results before you know it!